Tartan Completion’s MultiFrac™ limited-entry, ball-drop system combines patented MultiFrac hydro-mechanical sleeves with patent-pending BurstPoint™ ports to improve stimulation treatment placement and effectiveness. The MultiFrac system simultaneously stimulates multiple stages (cluster) with a single fracture treatment at surface.
By enabling increased stage count without increasing the quantity of activation balls, this system is designed to provide a higher density of stages to evenly distribute stimulation treatments throughout the entire wellbore. The MultiFrac system provides complete control of the stimulation while offering a more complex fracture network.
- Single design for open hole or cemented liner installations
- Cluster (batch) stimulation of multiple stages at the same time
- Ability to stimulate 150+ stages
Features and benefits
- Faster completion times due to limited-entry stimulation of multiple stages with a single treatment from surface
- One ball activates multiple MultiFrac sleeves, allowing for higher stage density within the same length of wellbore
- MultiFrac sleeves have no communication with the annulus until BurstPoint port rupture pressure is reached
- BurstPoint port inserts prevent erosion, allowing cluster efficiency of ≥90% throughout the treatment stage
- BurstPoint ports can be sized to control the fracture fluid rate on a per sleeve basis
- Adjustable stimulation volumes enabling true limited-entry operations
- Positive surface indicators of multiple entry points, providing real-time parameters
- Enhanced fracture network results in increased wellbore conductivity
- Surface pressure indications are an accurate monitor of tool performance
- Rugged design for enhanced reliability
- Can be rotated to bottom
- Designed to handle the high torque capabilities of all premium and semi-premium connections
- Ball seats are designed for quick mill-out times
Fill out your information to receive the MultiFrac™ System data sheet.